Friday, December 5, 2008

Give me a break

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I've just been taking a much needed break from all things IF related online. Even though this isn't just an IF blog I felt the need to also take a break from it. So many things have happened since the last time I posted, we've been a busy family!

Ashton started soccer in September. He really seemed to enjoy it but isn't great about keeping focused on the game so he has yet to score his first goal. The games will start back up in March so hopefully he'll be better about staying in the game then.

Halloween is always exciting in our house. It's my favorite holiday and Ashton seemed to be just as excited about it this year. He went as "the unknown vampire" this year. Actually the costume was a grim reaper but I let him call it whatever he wanted. We went to a neighborhood in town that actually closes the streets for trick or treating. All of the houses go all out with decorations and Ashton had a blast. We ended up walking about 12 blocks that night!

My 28th birthday came and went without a lot of fanfare. I just figure it's one year closer to being 30. Yippee.

For Thanksgiving we went to my parent's house. A few of my cousins and their kids were there. Ashton had a blast playing with the kids. It was good to see some of our family that we don't see often but our family gatherings have gotten smaller in recent years. My mom's twin sisters both died within the last 4 years and it's made the holidays hard on everyone. We used to have a house full at Thanksgiving and Christmas and even though we still have quite a bit of family it seems somewhat empty now.

As far as TTC goes, I haven't charted since September. The break has been nice but I think I'm going to start charting again when my next cycle starts. My doctor never called back after she left Danny's SA results on my voicemail and we decided that it would be better for us to go ahead and make an appointment with a Reproductive Endocronologist. The RE in town has new patients fill out the paperwork and request their medical records before they will set up an appointment. I got the packet yesterday and have it almost filled out so hopefully we'll be able to get in soon.

Other than that no news to report. I'm hoping to post more frequently now but with overtime looming I might still go MIA occaisionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment