1 day ago
Friday, December 19, 2008
I heart my doctor :)
I went to a new doctor yesterday for a general checkup. I'd done some searching and found a family practicioner that several ladies on some TTC boards go to and decided that I was long overdue for a physical so I made an appointment. She was so nice, I wish I'd found her before I went to the OBGYN for testing. Even though I didn't go in expecting to talk about TTC I mentioned how long we've been trying. She started asking me detailed questoins about TTC, what tests we've had done and what the results were, if I'd tried Clomid, etc. I told her we're waiting to get in to see the RE so she didn't want to do the pelvic ultrasound or HSG that she would normally recommend since the RE will probably do those again anyway. I didn't take my charts in with me but from what I described with my cycles she said she was surprised my temps were showing ovulation. I have pretty short periods with lots of spotting and she said it almost sounds like annovulatory bleeding. So she give me a prescription for Clomid! She said that would probably be what the RE will do first anyway so I might as well get the ball rolling. So if no BFP this cycle I'll be starting Clomid after the first of the year!
Labels:
Secondary IF
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





It's amazing the difference a good doctor makes. I went to the doc the first time in over 3 1/2 years. They considered me a new patient because it had been so long. In addition to my doctor being willing to take time to answer my questions, and being somewhat on-time (an amazing feat all in itself), she sent me a thank you card.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great experience and that your doctor was proactive. Not many docs like her around.