Friday, July 18, 2008

First IF consult

I had my consult with the OBGYN this morning. It was my first time seeing her and I lucked out because I really like her. I took my charts in with me and she went through each one telling me how our timing was for each cycle. She gave me some timing tips and kept going on about how good my charts were. So I guess I'm going back to charting since she thought my charts were so great. She told me that a few cycles our timing wasn't great and I was afraid she was going to just send me home and have us try for a few more months. Luckily she said that even with the imperfect timing on a couple of cycles after a year it's good to start some testing. She saw that I usually ovulate on the later side and said that even if all of my bloodwork comes back ok she might have me try Clomid. She also mentioned doing an HSG but said that she didn't recommend it unless my bloodwork showed something that would warrent doing the HSG. Since I didn't get in before this cycle started I'll have to wait until next cycle for the CD 3 testing. She said they'll do the FSH and LH and a thyroid screen then. I will be able to do the progesterone check this cycle though, she set up an appointment for CD 25 which will be August 6. She also gave me an order and kit for an seman analysis for Danny. The local RE's office will be the one to actually do the SA and the paperwork says that we have to schedule an appointment even though the actual sample can be collected at home. So I need to call them to get that set up. The problem with that is that they only set up appointments for SA's Monday through Thursday from 8:30-3:00. Danny goes to work at 7:30 and leaves work at 4. Hopefully we'll be able to work something out though.

So that's my big update. The blog will probably still be a little slow until the test results start rolling in.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a good appointment with your doctor. It's nice that she is willing to do some testing and that she is taking your secondary infertility seriously. Best of luck with your test results.

    ReplyDelete