Monday, May 18, 2009

Long Time No Blog

It's been awhile since I've done a blog post. I've thought about writing one a couple of times but procrastinated to the point that I forgot what I was going to write about. Really things have been pretty much the same in IF land. I'm wanting to have my second surgery soon but money is making me put it off for awhile. We're going to be doing a program with our mortgage company to try to get our house payments lowered, Danny is looking into getting a cheaper car and we're trying to find other ways to cut costs. Unfortunately it looks like we'll probably be filing for bankruptcy soon though. We have a lot more money going out than coming in right now. I hate to resort to bankruptcy but I also don't want to lose the house and both the cars.

Danny has continued his visits with Jarrod. At one visit Jarrod asked the social worker on his case when he'd be able to do some unsupervised visits and she told him that he'll probably get to do unsupervised visits with us before he gets to do any with his mom and step-dad. I got to go to last Monday's visit and might get to go to his 8th grade graduation tonight. Danny and Jarrod are so much alike, they sat and talked about cars the whole hour. It will be great to have Jarrod come here but I'm not sure my brain will be able to handle all of the guy talk. We did a parenting class on Friday to meet one of the requirements of Jarrod's case plan. Now we just need to have someone come do a walk through of our house and we should be good to go with unsupervised visits.

Ashton lost another tooth a couple of weeks ago. We went to Kindergarten orientation and he seems really excited to start school in August. He says he wants to play baseball this summer but I haven't had any luck finding a program for his age group.

My fitness efforts have just not been happening. I have a big problem with motivation and temptation. I love sweets and all things not good for me food wise and can't seem to get myself to love exercise (although that's probably because I haven't made a real effort to get any kind of schedule going). It's gotten to the point though that if I don't lose some weigh I'm going to have to buy new clothes and I don't have the money for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment