Friday, March 27, 2009

Baby Mama and Weather Drama

It has been a busy week! Wednesday I took the night off work so that Danny and I could go to the hearing for Jarrod. The hearing was supposed to be at 2 pm and we got there about 10 minutes early. Jarrod's mom and step-dad were already there so we found chairs as far from them as possible. After sitting for almost 45 minutes someone from the foster care agency handling Jarrod's case finally came to talk to Danny, then the lawyer representing Jarrod talked to him. The actual hearing didn't start until after 3 and nothing got accomplished anyway because Danny had to ask for a continuance so we can find a lawyer. Yep, that's right, we now get to hire an attorney. That will be a fun bill to add to the doctor's bills. Actually, I guess something did get accomplished. After the "hearing" the foster care social worker talked to Danny again and asked if he'd like to meet with Jarrod on Monday. I guess that when kids are put into foster care the parents are allowed a weekly, 1 hour, supervised visit. Danny hasn't seen Jarrod since Jarrod was 2 so Monday will be the first time in about 12 years that they will have talked. I wish I could be there but I really can't take more time off work, plus I think Danny needs some alone time to get to know Jarrod and for Jarrod to work out some of the anger he's built up over the last 12 years. So no real baby mama drama yet but that's because Jarrod's mom doesn't know how to contact us and she doesn't know that Danny is getting to visit Jarrod Monday.

Then there's the weather. We're one week into spring and under a blizzard warning. Yes, blizzard. So far all we've gotten here is a bunch of sleet with some freezing rain and a tiny bit of snow mixed in. It's enough to make the roads horrible though. I jumped at the chance to leave work early tonight even though I knew I should stay. As it was I had about a quarter of an inch of ice to scrape off my car windows and I barely managed to go 20 mph on the main roads and 10 on our street. Before it's over this storm is supposed to dump 6-10 inches of snow on us. Stay tuned for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment