Monday, June 29, 2009

2 Years Ago...

I naively thought that within a few months I'd be pregnant. We should have a baby by now. We could have even celebrated a first birthday by now. Sometimes I really feel like a failure because I can't do the one thing that every other woman I know seems to be able to do so easily, most of them without even trying. Of course two years ago all I wanted was another child and it does seem like in a way I will be getting one. Jarrod has told us, his counselor, his foster parents and his social worker that he wants to come live with us. His counselor is going to be helping him write a letter to the judge for the next court date, July 22. So two years after agreeing that we wanted another child Danny and I may become the proud parents (well, dad and step-mom) of a troubled 14-year-old boy. Not exactly the family addition I had imagined two years ago but I told Danny yesterday that maybe this has been God's plan all along. If Jarrod comes to live with us all of our bedrooms will be full. Hopefully my mind and heart will get the message that our family is full and I'll stop wondering if we'll ever have another baby.

2 comments:

  1. Big changes ahead! Wishing you all the best with your full bedrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog for the first time. What a journey you have had to endure already. I also suffered from secondary infertility (PCOS) and botched fertility treatments. We had to step back and enjoy the two boys we had before we were blessed with another child.

    I hope your transition to having a teenager in your home goes well... and we'll say a few prayers for you on your efforts for another baby.

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete