Saturday, January 24, 2009

Really?

The other day Ashton and I went to get some Chinese take out. He only likes chicken fried rice but I was really wanting some crab rangoon, sweet and sour chicken and lemon chicken. My favorite Chinese place doesn't do "combo" meals so I would have had to settle for sweet and sour chicken and crab rangoon. So we went to one that does do combos. We've gone there before, it was good, the lady behind the counter was friendly. Not this time. The lady behind the counter barely spoke to me except to grunt something that I guessed was an "what do you want?". Anyway, we got our food and drove home. I settled into my comfy chair, already looking forward to the yummy goodness I was about to encounter. I open up my styrofoam container and see no sweet and sour sauce. Really? The rude lady wouldn't think that I would want sweet and sour sauce to go with my sweet and sour chicken? Rather than drive halfway across town again we went to the closest grocery store and bought some La Choy sauce. Not nearly as good as restaurant sauce. So now I'm out $12 bucks and I still have a Chinese food craving.

No comments:

Post a Comment