Since my last IF related post I've gone back two more times for blood work and Danny has done his SA. My P4 (progesterone) came back "fine" and my CD 3 blood work was all normal. The CD 3 consisted of FSH, insulin, glucose, and testosterone. Since the lab didn't throw the thyroid panel in with that I got to go back in yesterday to have yet more blood drawn for it. Danny got to produce his sample for the SA at home and we drove it to the lab. Why can't IF testing for women be more fun than a poke in the arm?
I also got the first IF related EOB (explainatin of benefits)in the mail. It was for the claim for the progesterone bloodwork. The claim was denied and the EOB said that I'll owe $54. Now I know that infertility diagnosis and testing is in fact covered by my insurance. I checked our plan booklet before I called to make the first appointment with the doctor. According to the booklet all I should have to pay is "10% of the Plan allowance and any amount over $2,500". So I got online to see if any other claims had been processed and I just hadn't received the paper EOB. For my CD 3 blood work the claim amount was $385 and insurance only paid $24.30 so I owe $239.70.
First thing this morning I called the claims department at the insurance company. I wanted to find out why they weren't paying the 90% that the booklet says is covered. Turns out on the P4 claim the doctors office used a procedure code that isn't current so I need to have them resubmit that claim with a different code. The CD 3 blood work claim was fine but I had to meet our deductible before they would start paying the 90%. According to the customer service rep I talked to the deductible has now been met so all claims filed from now on will just be subject to the coinsurance. Why do inurance companies have to make everything so confusing?
1 day ago





No comments:
Post a Comment